Total Pageviews

Saturday 21 September 2019

New Writer's Residency: Cardiff House/World Is Wild Lit Fest lll


Hi Chris & folks!

Thank you for the info, Chris!  I'm going to take this opportunity to invite you all the attend my upcoming literary event, "The Word Is Wild Literary Festival III," which will be held in at the community centre in Cardiff, Highlands East, on Saturday, October 12th, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.  I'm attaching a couple of posters, one for the festival, and one for Sharon Berg's writer's residency at Cardiff House, my writing retreat in Cardif
f.

Sharon Berg, Honey Novick, and Nina Munteanu will be making feature presentations at this event, and music will be provided by Albert Saxby.  In addition, a book fair section will be set up where Canadian writers are invited to display their work and offer it for sale.  I'm hoping to include an open mic portion, also.  Admission is by donation and everyone is welcome!

On Sunday, October 13th, Sharon Berg will be offering a free writing workshop at Cardiff House, and on October 9th, 10th, and 11th, she'll be available for private manuscript consultations.  She's asking that people please preregister for these.  (Her contact info is on one of the attachments.) 

If anyone would like additional info about the festival, please don't hesitate to contact me by e-mail at this address, or cell phone at:  (613) 334-9196. 

Best wishes,

Kathy Figueroa

                                                                ~   ~   ~


Hi Kathy,

It's great news that the Purdy A-frame writer's residency, the first one in Ontario, has inspired you and Dallas to found the second one, Cardiff House!

I've posted your email on my blog, the day after posting about the A-frame Open House this weekend. As in the past, my system stubbornly refuses to allow me to cut, paste and post pics or posters from your system. arrgggh technology! I was able to post your email, and I hope it's OK that I've included your cell # in the post?

Here's the link:

http://riffsandripplesfromzenrivergardens.blogspot.com/


peace & poetry power!

Chris


p.s. I've cc'ed Jean Baird, the guiding light behind the A-frame restoration and residency, to share the good literary news. 
 

No comments: