Total Pageviews

Friday 17 November 2023

drizzle on The Bay of Quinte Trail

 
I went to Belleville his morning. I walked around Canadian Tire and bought what I hope is a new rain proof jacket. Then I ran across busy Bell Boulevard to the Quinte Mall and visited the Modern Primitive shop, which is more of a Buddhist shop. Great stuff, much on sale now, which is sad. They have beautiful singing bowls and colourful carved wood Buddhas for half price. Crazy cheap compared to online. Wish I didn't have enough stuff like this already. I did buy a pack of expensive copal incense - it's $20 for a small packet, but a very unique scent so worth it to me. The woman who runs it, Sophia Pearl, has written and published a book of her channeling experiences, so she's very interested in chatting with another writer. I may post some of her work on my blog. After my brief shopping expedition I went for a drizzly hour walk on the Bay of Quinte Trail. Then on to Toro for yaki tori, rice, miso and hot tea. A real treat after the damp hike.

 

fall low water
a homeless nest
woven in the reeds

There is a large homeless population living in tent cities in Belleville and across Canada. Some of the more independent homeless have made hidden shelters and resting spots along the edge of the Bay of Quinte.

No comments: