Total Pageviews

Friday 13 May 2022

UK interview about Eel Pie Island commune

 Yesterday I had an enjoyable trans-Atlantic interview with Marnie Woodmeade for a podcast about the Eel Pie Island commune of half a century ago. Great to have the chance to reminisce and it was helpful that Marnie had read Eel Pie Island Dharma to prep for the interview. 


 On 14/04/2022 10:29, Marnie Woodmeade wrote:
 

 Hello!
 I am a trainee podcast producer at Transmission Roundhouse. Transmission Roundhouse is a socially engaged podcast platform powered
 by the Roundhouse. A home for niche, innovative and groundbreaking
 audio-led content that champions the voices of underrepresented young
 creatives.
 I am making a series of podcasts about how people find alternative
 communities and versions of home in the face of unworkable housing
 systems. I am doing an episode that focuses on the commune on Eel Pie
 island and would really like to interview someone who was part of it.
 I would basically like to speak to as many people as possible, and I
 can make this as easy for you as possible.
 I'm happy to have an informal chat with anyone who's interested!
 All the best,
 Marnie

--
Marnie Woodmeade (she/her)
Trainee Podcast Producer

Roundhouse
Chalk Farm Road,
London, NW1 8EH

                           
                                                                ~    ~    ~

 

Hi Chris,

It was lovely to speak to you! You have a way of talking that really transports you, so it was great to hear your stories.

Thank you! I may take you up on that, I realise I totally forgot to ask you a few questions so I'm sure I'll be back in touch soon.

Sending positive vibes your way,
 Marnie

                                  . . . . . . 

On Thu, 12 May 2022 at 19:28, Chris Faiers <zenriver@sympatico.ca> wrote:
 

Hi Marnie,

l really enjoyed reminiscing about the Eel Pie Island days!

Best of luck with your podcast. If you need any missing pieces I'd love to add more memories  ;  )

peace & love,
Canadian Chris
                

No comments: