Total Pageviews

Saturday 5 May 2018

pipeline illogic/garden yoga: hyacinths, lilacs and voyeur deer



I've been waiting all spring looong to do some major garden yoga :  )  Actually started doing stuff about a week ago, and trying to resist the urge to plant things prematurely. My daffs & narcissus(i) have come & gone, but the hyacinths are still doing their thing. For some reason this confusing weather has been positive for my tulips - no idea why they've suddenly decided to put on a display. No wind damage that I've discovered, but a lot of the smaller dead branches from when hydro/bell trimmed my big maple last summer finally got knocked loose.



                              hyacinth scent

                              I wave to my dad
                              with one finger



Prob a good idea to either get your grandfather oak trimmed in a major way or cut down (arrrggh). Enjoy  the lilacs - I remember how much I enjoyed finding them in bloom everywhere I drove my first spring here - jeez, that was 29 springs ago! Trilliums should be up in the woods any day now as well.

peace,
Cc

                                                    ~   ~   ~   ~



On 2018-05-05, at 2:33 PM, jim christy wrote:

Chris: Just read your very good May 1 blog entry. Glad the Gardens are looking good.

It's a real battleground out here in regards the pipeline. I doubt - hope - our guy isn't going to back down. One problem in B.C. is you have rednecks and extreme leftists and each thoroughly alienates the other. The only thing I have in common with the Albertans is I won't drink the B.C. wine either.
Seven deer looking in my window day before yesterday.
Are you a movie mogul yet?
Best - Jim

p. s. best to Mr. Morley. And to Bruce the barber if you should see him


                                                  ~    ~   ~   ~

Hi Jim,

Great to hear from you! Was thinking of you the other day, esp. on my ZRG visit. Gave a bow to your stupa, which looks like it may outlive the humanis stupidis species. Morley mentions you often  - you are a pretty unique dude, esp. among the lit crowd.

I agree that the KM pipeline issue is now the major cause of our time. It's so frustrating that peeple just can't think logically - supposedly the majority of Canucks support the pipeline, but the majority also believe global climate change is real and rapidly approaching the level of universal catastrophe. Just doesn't effing add up! Here's a post I did about the small Bville anti-KM protest I attended in March:

http://riffsandripplesfromzenrivergardens.blogspot.ca/2018/03/

No news from my Eel Pie scriptwriters in almost 2 months. Last I heard they had 82 pages of script and were promising to send me some of it. You warned me that the movie world is more than tenuous - still haven't bought my old Vette or newer Porsche  ;  )-

I didn't know deer were voyeurs, but never really trusted them. They always ate anything domesticated I planted at ZRG.

peas & love ;  )-

Chris 

No comments: