Total Pageviews

Saturday 18 November 2017

Progress on movie script for Eel Pie Island Dharma



pic of Richmond Park fallow deer by Tom Hanson



Subject: Photos of Richmond

Hey Chris,
Have been gathering some photos for you over the past few weeks, I hope they get the memories flowing! Richmond park, the river etc.
Sam and I have 20 pages of our screenplay down but I have just started rehearsals for a play so we’re on hiatus for a few weeks, we’re still hoping to have it done by the end of the year!
Best
T x


                                                 ~    ~    ~    ~

Hi Tom, Sam & Weed,
Thanks for the great pics of Richmond!  Man, are they ever getting the memories flowing  ;  )-  I recognize many of the exact spots, esp. in Richmond Park. I remember swimming in the little reservoir in the park with California Jon and a very precocious & brave schoolgirl. Another time my girlfriend, her sister and her friend lured me into joining them on a horse riding excursion thru the park from Putney to Richmond. I usually love animals, but I have to admit I'm afraid of horses. My elderly nag recognized my fear, & waded into the pond and just stubbornly stood there for what seemed like half an hour! Then one of the other horses threw its rider, and we had to capture it before we returned to Putney ;  )- 

Thanks esp for the pic of The Hermitage, where I briefly lived with Crippled Eddie and several other Richmond crashers. In those days we had to put a sixpence in the hot water metre to have a scanty sponge bath!

The park fallow deer look bigger and healthier than I remember. I recall taking a nap in the tall grass of Richmond Park, and awakening to find several deer had decided to nap within a few feet of me!

Congrats on getting 20 pages written. I've been meaning to say you have my blessings to write a creative imagining of EPID. When I watch movies based on a book,  the intro credits acknowledge it is 'based on such & such a true story'. I told my version of my history in EPID, but you are welcome to make whatever adaptations you feel will help make the best movie.

peace & continued productivity!
Canadian Chris  
 

No comments: