Total Pageviews

Wednesday 14 March 2012

first collection by Conrad DiDiodato

Wednesday, March 14, 2012


"Bridget bird" is out!

"Bridget bird" held proudly by me

I am pleased to announce that my first book of poetry, titled Bridget bird, is out! If you would like to purchase a copy of my book (15$), please contact me for the mailing address at cdidiodato@gmail.com.

An appetizing excerpt from poem "Bridget bird" on page 8 :

A leaf pressed into the red thirsting beak
    of a bird!
The harder the catch, leaf, slug, the harder you spin
    like a Bridget bird!

You a hipster and the Sun commingle wherever
    bugs are, glossing
over fields and looking bird-deep into a fresh face of
    sunny sunny things
_____________

Details of the book launch will be posted in a week or so.

I'd like to thank you (in advance) for your kind support.


                            * * * * * * * * * * *


Congrats, Conrad!

                             * * * * * * * * * * 

 

Hi Conrad,
Cheque's in the mail - in fact, I just folded a $20 bill into a tacky greeting card (5 bucks for postage & hassle!).

Please be sure to sign your collection ...!!!

Yeah, I'm the same way re poetic inspiration. If your Muse hasn't called, at least 2 or 3 times!!!, well, the poem just isn't ready.

And of course, mainstream be damned. Peeple don't know shit (or shite!). We have to write for ourselves (& our Muses) and People's Poetry - or why fucking bother!

with anticipation,
peace & poetry power!
Chris ... and Chase ... wrfffffffff (you'd better read me some of Conrad's stuff or I'll bite your sorry butt!)

  
On 2012-03-14, at 8:28 PM, Conrad DiDiodato wrote:

Thanks, Chris!

I'm not too prolific...poems here cover about a 10 year period. I'm in no rush. The poem tells 'me' when it's ready: I never never force it. And I never never write to please mainstream tastes, a fact which I wear like a badge of honour.

Again, thank you!

Conrad

Send cheque to: C. DiDiodato
                            12 Darrow Drive
                             Stoney Creek, ON
                             L8E 4P5

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 8:16 PM, Chris Faiers <zenriver@sympatico.ca> wrote:
Congrats, Conrad!
Let me be one of the first in line to buy a copy! Long overdue I suspect. You have written some beautiful, powerful & evocative poetry - & that's just from the small sampling I've read in the past year on your blog (esp. the poem about the 3 murdered sisters and their aunt).

Please sign and mail to:

Chris Faiers
P.O. Box 69
Marmora, ON
K0K 2M0

let me know your mailing address & I'll send a cheque tonite ...

again, many congrats!!!  :  )

                                  * * * * * * * * * * * * *