Total Pageviews

Tuesday 28 February 2023

New TV Series "1969" based on Chris Faiers's "Eel Pie Island Dharma" memoir

 

Well, it isn't official yet, and the rights are still very open for bidding. But I thought I'd better put the concept out there while I'm still alive and kicking. (and make sure my copyright is honoured when some smart producer twigs to this idea)

I'm a latecomer to binge watching TV. In fact I haven't watched TV for most of my life, and I haven't owned a TV set for decades. But during the pandemic I began binge watching TV at a friend's house to pass the time, and I've enjoyed quite a few of the current series, which was a new cultural experience for me. In fact I am so impressed with some of the political content in the new 1923 series that I wrote my first blog post about TV yesterday. Several years ago two young English actors and novice script writers wrote an extensive movie script based on my memoir/haibun Eel Pie Island Dharma about my hippy, commune living adventures in the late 1960s. I self-published this book in 1990 as Eel Pie Dharma with my Unfinished Monument Press, and it was republished in a professional format in 2012 by Hidden Brook Press as Eel Pie Island Dharma. Considering the incredibly vibrant music of the times, the sound track to 1969 is a no-brainer. 

Yep, drugs, sex, rock'n'roll, adventuring through the late 1960s - the chapter titles tell the tales:




1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14

   A Psychedelic Basho
144 Piccadilly Squat
The Day We (Sort Of) Met George Harrison
The Isle Of Wight Concert
Bedsitters & Jools
Meeting Eel Pie
Eel Piers
More Eel Piers
Alice
Eel Pie Days
The Buddhist Monastery
The Schoolgirls
Dominic And The Gnome Homes
Twickenham Cemetery

       15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
   The Clap Clinic
Tripping
Formentera
The Night The Hog Farmers Got Swamped
Skinheads
The Three Fishes
Tripping To Cambridge
Lavenham
Hare Krishna
Glastonbury Magic Festival
Ireland
Wales
The Rich Hippie
Mescaline On The Barbican

 




 

No comments: