Total Pageviews

Friday 3 February 2023

Haiku in Music from around the world project

 Treble Clef Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock

 

Dear Chris,

thanks a lot for your reply, and thanks you for the trust you put in my idea.

106 haiku poets from 27 different countries  joined the project, so I hope it is going to be an exciting musical journey following Haiku around the world.

I will compose one minute of music for each poet, including two haiku (sung by me) and some poet consideration about this art that will appear as subtitles.

I will study all the poets and try to ask each one the right questions.

Every poet and his works will be obviously acknowledged and credited.

The first step is going to be the music, I will send you the music and if you like it I will go on with the images, if not I will compose a different music (same for the images), I'd like everybody to be sincerely happy with this project,

I will produce the whole project without any expenses for the poets.

As soon as I finish composing and recording the music for you I will send it to you.



I hope you like this idea and method.

Talk to you soon

Best

Fernando Fidanza


Il lunedì 30 gennaio 2023 15:31:45 CET, Chris Faiers <zenriver@sympatico.ca> ha scritto:

                                                    ~    ~    ~


Hi Fernando,

Nice to hear from you, and I enjoyed listening to the clip of your music. It's very melodic and I like your use of drone sounds, as I'm a fan of The Velvet Underground.

You are most welcome to incorporate my haiku into a musical project. I do expect published credit/copyright for any of my haiku you wish to use, and of course I will retain original international copyright.

I'm intrigued that you found my haiku on The Haiku Foundation website, as I haven't been very active on the haiku scene for several decades (I'm 74). I'm also curious about which of my haiku you'd like to incorporate into your projects, and what there is about my haiku which appeals to you?  

best wishes for success with your music,

Chris (Faiers)

zenriver@sympatico.ca

                                                      ~    ~    ~                      


On 2023-01-29, at 11:21 AM, Fernando Fidanza wrote:

Hello,

my name is Fernando Fidanza and I am an Italian musician from Rome, Italy.

I am starting a project called, "Haiku in music", in which I compose music for Haiku poets from all around the world. The project will become a documentary and a theatre play.

I found you on "The Haiku Foundation" and I would love to compose music for your Haiku and make you part of the project.

Here is a link to my music so you can listen to my style, I hope you like the idea,

best

Fernando

No comments: