Total Pageviews

Saturday 11 October 2014

Beyond (poem by Sharon Henderson)



Chris

I wrote this poem at ZRG some time ago, before I started to read Away. And now, finding it in my journal, I am a little haunted. I am thoroughly enjoying the book.

 

Beyond

The old land steward
went down the river
beyond the bridge
beyond the dam
down through the rapids,
but the water spirit
knowing the danger beyond
hurled him under
and carved into his back
with raging rocks.


Sharon Henderson



                                          ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Hi Sharon,
Thanks for the ZRG poem. I don't know if it's overtly about my semi-disastrous kayak trip I wrote & posted about, or if it's just another of the many coincidences & synchronous events which occur with regularity there  ;  )

I'm pleased you are enjoying AWAY. I just finished SISTERS IN THE WILDERNESS, another must read for living where we do; but maybe read ROUGHING IT IN THE BUSH first, if you haven't read it already.

peace & poetry power!
Chris ... & Chase Wrffffffffffffffffffffffffffff!  (thanks for the great poem!)   

p.s. my back still twinges daily from those sharp rocks
p.p.s. I'm posting this on my blog - hope that's OK?

No comments: