Total Pageviews

Thursday 8 February 2018

Cardiff House Writers' Retreat



Here's a poster I created, for promotional purposes, which I was planning to circulate at some point.  Anyone who's interested in possibly utilizing the house as a writers' retreat can still contact me, and I'll keep their info on file, for future reference, because I'm not sure how long my current tenant will be renting the house from me. 


Kathy

***

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 12:31 PM, Kathy Figueroa <flowertopia.studio@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Chris & everyone!

Yes, I'm hoping to turn my house in Cardiff into a self-sustaining writers' retreat and literary/cultural centre.  As the by-laws in that municipality currently exist, there wouldn't be a problem with people staying there for varying lengths of time.  I'm hoping to figure out some way to pay the operating and maintenance costs for it. 

Cardiff is a very small community, located at the junction of Highway 118 and the historic Monck Road.  Basically, it's like a suburb plunked down in the middle of the wilderness, though several villages/small towns are located in the relatively immediate region.  A really nice public beach, on the Haliburton County side of Paudash Lake, is around five miles, or so, down the road.  Here's a link to a promotional YouTube video that was created by a local real estate agent, to highlight some of Cardiff's amentities:  https://youtu.be/lUpS60uZcTc 

If anyone has any ideas, or knowledge, about sources of funding, it would be fantastic if you'd please let me know about them.  Also, please don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions, or would like more info. 

No comments: