Total Pageviews

Wednesday 19 November 2014

Marmora Historical: new poem and recordings of Chris Faiers



Anne Philpot of The Marmora Historical Foundation interviewed me last month for a comprehensive listing on their website. Thanks Anne! Anne also had the patience to record me reading several of my poems for posterity.

http://www.marmorahistory.ca/chris-faiers-poet

There's also my most Marmora oriented poem, "bushrats", about the two elderly mentors who took me under their wings when I first moved to the edge of the Canadian Shield a quarter century ago. Some pics and poems, my memoir of meeting George Harrison, and lots of other interesting info about this quirky old mining town, the first in Ontario, and its collection of artists and historical figures - worth visiting the site and spending some time - you may be browsing your next holiday destination.  


                          ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

On 2014-11-19, at 1:10 PM, Katherine Gordon wrote:

What a great logo they have Chris.
I am so happy for you, congratulations..legacy matters!
You have earned your spot and have also kept alive the tradition of the
great poets of the shield.   So proud of you.
Thanks for sharing,   hugs from Katherine.

                                 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thanks for the kind words  ;  )
I was very pleased that I was the third local artist 'invested', &
actually more than a little surprised to be recognized. As a draft dodging
ex hippie poet from the big city, I haven't always fit in with the locals
& their traditions!

peace & poetry power!
Chris ... & Chase Wrffffffffffzzzzzzzzzzzzz   (napping after hiking thru the snow)

                         ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

On 2014-11-19, at 5:30 PM, patrick connors wrote:

Congrats Chris!

I always thought you were more legendary than historical :D

                        ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

On 2014-11-19, at 5:34 PM, Richard M. Grove wrote:

for an old guy you have a very nice figure – even if it is historical

i finally know someone historical

congrats
tai
                           . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

thanks, June bug ;  )
or possibly hysterical?


                      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



No comments: