WOLF FEST …… at the RAVEN’S NEST
LABOUR DAY WEEKEND… Sept 1/2/3
Every year there is a fall gathering by a humble lake in Quebec.
The Raven’s Nest is an hour north of Ottawa, and half an hour away from Wakefield, Quebec.
People come for
- festive camaraderie
- the writing and illustrating of poetry flags for the Wolf Circle Cathedral Spruce Gallery
- endless flame licked garlic pork roasts cooked on a spit (affectionately referred to as “The Buddha’s Last Meal” and served barbarian buffet style by the out door anvil)
- competitive rounds of Frisbee golf on a course that challenges with its curves, hills, valleys and trees
- camping/swimming/canoeing/and general cavorting
- and this year there will even be poetry in the form of the “Water Reflecting Raven’s Poetry Path.” This collection of 56 poems in four seasons, have not be seen in their complete form since the Third Purdyfest when they were featured at Zen River. They have now found their home at the Raven’s Nest and are waiting to be read along a weaving trail that makes its way though 4 directions, 4 seasons, 4 colours…. a shoreline, a cedars swamp, a hill top, a twisting slope into a rocky ravine…. however; the path its self is the poem and it will speak to you through your own meditative footsteps… the printed poems mere illustrations to slow you down on your “way” into this humble landscape… in nature your path is made with your footsteps…
For information and directions email Jim Larwill email@example.com
aka THE RAVEN KING