Total Pageviews

Friday 10 July 2020

hotter than Jamaica, blue herons, populist pandemic fools

Hi Weed,

Your beautiful 'midnight heron' birthday card arrived yesterday. I suspect it arrived long overdue, as you'd included my defunct post office box (#69), and this tends to confuse Canada Post no end  : ) All that's needed now is my street address, altho they're not even consistent with that for some people, as my friend Morley uses the same public mail boxes, and he's supposed to included "rural route #1". nonsensical!

Sometimes I forget how spoiled I am to live in such a thriving wilderness area. There are several types of local herons, the most noticeable is the blue heron. I sometimes sit on a lawn chair by the north end boat launch with one on the dog walkers, Judy, and her golden retriever, Cooper. A blue heron often flies by, and sometimes stops to fish right across the river from us among the flowering lily pads.

Recently I've spent some mornings on my friend Morley's deck, which overlooks the same stretch of The Crowe River. Again, we almost always see at least one or two  blue herons flying along the river. Magickal, and a nice distraction from this prolonged heat wave we've been enduring along with the covid-19 pandemic quarantine.

Morley took a week's hols to briefly escape his horrible auto factory job during the heatwave, and yesterday when we walked through the local park a Jamaican lady commented that our weather has become "hotter than Jamaica!"   

I hope you're surviving the pandemic OK? There are almost no cases in our greater area, a benefit perhaps of being so rural and underpopulated. The Yanks are suffering horrible casualties, as are the Brazilians. The countries with right wing populist "leaders" are experiencing the worst of the pandemic, altho hoping the various electorates see the folly of voting in such fools probably won't happen.

peace & love  :  )-
Chris

No comments: