Total Pageviews

Friday 2 August 2019

The Long Bond: new book by Allan Briesmaster


Hi Allan,

I picked up "The Long Bond" at the start of my nightly walk, so it accompanied me while I searched our rural skies for the annual Perseid shower - couldn't be more poetic than that  :  )-

Great production, and of course I'm already somewhat familiar with many of your perfectly crafted poems. I also really like the inclusion of several prose sections at the back. As you state, one of our shared goals is finding a wider readership for CanPo, and I believe that including prose in our collections can help non traditional poetry readers better understand our work.

I vaguely knew of your many involvements with the TO poetry scene, and I found it interesting that much of what you did from the mid-80s through the 90s followed what I'd been doing from the mid-70s to the mid-8os. It's as if the torch had unknowingly been passed. Here's the list of poets and musicians I featured at The Main Street Library Poetry Series:

http://riffsandripplesfromzenrivergardens.blogspot.com/2011/02/readers-main-street-library-toronto.html

Pretty much a Who's Who of that generation. I also published the first collections, usu. in chapbook form with my Unfinished Monument Press, of many of these poets. Among these are Robert Priest, Lynn Kositsky, James Deahl, Bruce Hunter, jones (Daniel), Margaret Saunders, David Reid, etc. . I often then arranged to get these same poets their first Canada Council reading by featuring them at this series. 

memories, memories  . . .

Again, thanks and congrats for "The Long Bond",

peace & poetry power!
Chris

No comments: