Total Pageviews

Monday 1 June 2015

MOONSHINE in a hotrod haiku



MOON SHINE: A Canadian Poetry Collection
Craigleigh Press, Cambridge, Ontario ($15)
Becky D. Alexander, Editor
S. J.White, photographs



 I missed the launch (photo above), pleading old age.


   From:     Chris Faiers <zenriver@sympatico.ca>
    Subject:     my moonshine arrived!
    Date:     June 1, 2015 1:08:42 PM EDT
    To:     Becky Alexander
    (that heading should get the revenooers attention!)

Got to double the Sube's turbo boost, open the muffler cut-out, change to racing Kumho's & dirty the license plates - then hit the back roads to do my moonshine delivery to the local library  ;  )  Guess those high school days in Georgia taught me something ...

I'm sure the weekend launch went well with the excellent group of poets in the antho. Nice tribute to the moon, & I speak as a Cancer (June 28th), Child of the Moon & all that - love that Stones' song BTW.

thanks again for including my pieces,
peace & poetry power!
Chris & Chase Wrfffffzzzzzzzzzzzooooooooooooom!   (yeeha!)

p.s. I'm enjoying the subtle linkages of poems - well done



old hotrodder
racing with the harvest moon
in the rearview

Simply Haiku  2003 - 2004


No comments: