Total Pageviews

Monday 12 May 2014

My Country, Oh My Country! - Stan White




My Country, Oh My Country!

 


Prudent through adolescence
it stood settlement
before many a raised fist
in a world that walked with a stick.
Now it warrants wars,
betrays even its own snows,
trades in pounds of its own flesh
listens less and less
to fewer of its people;
its true compass hidden
beneath a devious hand.
 

                                    


                         Stan White


                    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

On 2014-05-12, at 11:07 AM, Stan White wrote:

Have you been following the Rob Ford saga? It too makes you wonder about the intelligence of the electorate. S.



                                           ***
 

I gave up on the electorate almost a half century ago during the Vietnam War debacle. Harsh lesson learned before the age of 21  ;  )
Chris
 

                  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 


No comments: