Total Pageviews

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Ed Baker on Naropa University 'honouring' John Cage


well

here is what Naropa University is "doing" re: John Cage …

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2QROf34NAE


JEESH !   I got as far as  "in that crowded & turbulent room, never made my way
up to the front to say hello"

do ALL universities reduce things to a marketable BLATHER  and same-said "stuff"
over and over and over again ..

and the obligatory "I knew [ John Cage, and Merce and Raushenberg   and John ate "mushroom
sautéed on the side"  ….

too much research and archived "stuff" for me….

damn … there she goes again  "when I graduated Holyoke I knew John  [ he] was "esoteric and
beyond me and autographed my book… it was dharma'   or some such she said

THIS IS NOT what John Cage was about … the is what has been left of his results….

these folks just mimicking and  imitating …

I met John in 1970
or 1971 first at
his music publisher's
&
the next day
at his house on Bank Street


the last thing that he said to me
(after grazing through my ms:
Points / Counterpoints)  was

"you're very busy. Want to stay for lunch?"

He was cutting up some vegetables  / green
& yellow peppers and a pile of some ugly
mushrooms near them  maybe there was also
onions  & there was brown rice cooking

I said :  "Pauline is waiting for me at the Ear Inn."

He smiled and ask if he cld hold on to the ms for awhile and "pass it around"

so I did.

" you echoed the breath of dharma across my heart" THE GIRL IN THE FILM
just said … then (the expected "silence" transitioning into the audience's applause…


so? what's my point ?

I don't know
otherwise:

even any one of my
points
is
point-less
and
EACH
point
is it s

OWN

center of the universe

cheers, Ed


actually

about 27 mins in

the guy playing the black piano who is playing the boac-
piano's white and black keys
is pretty good … kind of (what has become) the (for want of a more
better description)
                                       Abstract Expressionistic Painting where
the music is what of the paint trickles down ?


                                     ???????????????????????
 

Hey Ed,
I gave up after listening to the worst ever telling of the 2 monks and the woman by the stream  :  )
Chris/cricket & Chase Wrffffffffffffffffff! (didn't listen to any of it!)


                                    $~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~

Ed Baker has left a new comment on your post "Ed Baker on Naropa University 'honouring' John Cag...":

well
I let it run it course as
I was working on on my latest book:

AS I RE:CALL POEMS OF AN URBAN HERMIT

I think that I sent you an early pdf version... It sure has changed since then ! So, stick what I sent to you in a clavichord and hits some random sour note and sit down with a cute girl and try to figure out where the Sound went..

as for the Cagian Presentation ? you mean that you didn't get to the last piece? The cute girl in a long-black chemise
fucking the sod ?

Cage made a Big Business out of repeating over-and-over and over again same stories, lectures, presentations... going commercial ,as far as I am concerned, cheapened the great points that he made. now ? It s all become just another fucking condom-wearing product to sell...

Cage: Suzuki / mushrooms
silence / mushrooms
I met / mushrooms
zen / mushrooms
merce / mushrooms
Black Mountain / mushrooms

...et ceteras




Posted by Ed Baker to Riffs & Ripples from ZenRiver Gardens at 7 February 2013 07:57


                     *********************************

link to Ed's site (may not be live - you may have to key it in) - read the whole story, see the movie!

I put up a link to the post so that (also) the "public" can see it.

http://www.facebook.com/fu11moon
 

                     ********************************
 

1 comment:

Ed Baker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.