Total Pageviews

Thursday, 19 June 2014

What Bird Should I Talk To: Katherine L. Gordon


 



What Bird Should I Talk To

 


You are leaving as the sea summons
to listen to wave talk
feel the siren winds calling
your restless spirit away.
You will pace that island
while I send you poetry
so that you may stay
to knit the threads of life for me
on this ravelling plane.
In this season between migrations
vanishing time of nesting,
I listen to the birds discussing rain,
the progress of fledgelings
time for new horizons.
Only the raven watches,
his conversation apocryphal
guarding the time of passage,
carrying messages between worlds.
For you..the scree of gulls
for me the monotone of raven farewell.
 

 

Katherine L. Gordon


           ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Chris, I didn’t know that!  Wonderful bits of info for poets to
ponder.  The music may not be with those wise birds, but the message
is usually potent.
Thanks for perfect picture.     Katherine.
 

                                        .  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
From: Chris Faiers
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2014 12:06 PM
To: Don Gordon
                                   

Thanks, Katherine  ;  )
My best friend Morley has a raven who visits him in his yard for extended conversations. Milton Acorn used to talk to ravens as well.

All well here.
peace & poetry power!
Chris ... & Chase Wrfffffffffffffffffffffffff!   (off to ZenRiver for the aft soon)

          ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 



No comments: